Marijuana Legalization Means More Dogs Are Getting Sick From …

As more states legalize the medical and recreational use of marijuana, veterinarians around the country are seeing an increase in toxicity in dogs who find and consume edibles and bags of pot.

Calls to animal poison control centers from worried pet owners have surged. Over the last six years, the Veterinary Services Poison Helpline saw a 448 percent increase in calls about pets accidentally ingesting marijuana, NBC reported.

While pets are not likely to die from eating marijuana, the chemical compound THC in cannabis, known to get people high, can leave animals suffering with vomiting, changes in blood pressure more at